Highline Tack and Fineline Tack offer a 5-day trial period on all saddles to ensure that our customers and their horses are happy with each saddle purchase.
- The customer is responsible for the safe keeping of the saddle until the end of the trial period or until the saddle is received back at Highline Tack or Fineline Tack. If the saddle is lost, stolen or broken, the full purchase price will be the responsibility of the customer. If the saddle is damaged or blemished, depreciation cost of damage or blemish or repair cost will be charged (Minimum 10%).
- The 5 day trial begins the day the saddle is delivered. If the customer decides to return the saddle, the customer must email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us that the saddle is to be returned. This email must be sent before or upon completion of the 5-day trial. There will be a return card that comes in the box with the saddle that explains the return process. On the sixth day, the saddle becomes the property of the customer and no returns for any reason will be accepted. There are no exceptions made, unless made prior to or during the trial in writing (email or text message) from Highline Tack or Fineline Tack.
- Any saddle returned with excessive wear on the flaps, scratches in the leather, nicks or significant marks to any part of the saddle will automatically be assessed a minimum of 10% of the saddles value. If the saddle is extremely damaged, so that it will significantly affect the subsequent sale of the saddle, the full purchase price will be charged and the saddle will become the property of the customer.
- All preowned saddles are sold as is. We do our best to describe saddles accurately including blemishes and measurements. We also use all information from the previous owner and our knowledge and experience when describing each saddle. However, we do not guarantee the leather type as these are often difficult to distinguish. If you need additional measurements or photos, please ask! We are happy to send you additional information before you place your order. The 5 day trial is to give our customers the opportunity to thoroughly inspect the saddle and fit for the horse and rider. There are no returns accepted after the 5-day trial has come to an end (unless the trial has been extended in writing).
- Customer will not hold Highline Tack or Fineline Tack liable for any safety defects of the saddle. We work hard to ensure that we are sending you the highest quality saddles in good condition. However, we cannot completely confirm the safety of every saddle. All saddles are sold in preowned condition and we offer a 5-day trial so that our customers have the opportunity to check over the saddles either themselves or with a trainer or saddler, if they wish to do so. Highline Tack and Fineline Tack are not to be held liable for an injury caused by a defective or faulty saddle.
- If you decide to send the saddle back after a trial, it must be with UPS on its way back by the 5th day of the trial (If this day falls on a weekend, the saddle may be dropped off with UPS the following Monday). Please follow the instructions on the Return Card that was with your saddle shipment. Use the return label provided and drop the saddle off at any UPS Store or UPS access point.
All return shipments are $75 which includes full insurance. The return shipping fee will be deducted from your refund. If you have a saddle shipped to you and then return it as an in-person drop off, the shipping fee will still be deducted from your refund to cover the outgoing shipment to you.
- Once we get the saddle back and confirm that it is in the same condition in which it left, we will contact you within 1 business day. You will have the option to use the credit from the return towards another saddle order. Or, we will process your refund (minus the return shipping fee and restocking fee). There is a $100 restocking fee for all saddles returned from 5 day trials. However, you will never pay a restocking fee if you end up with a saddle from us within 30 days, no matter how many you try. If a saddle is returned, the restocking fee will be taken out of the refund, but it can be used as a credit towards the next saddle purchase within a 30 day time period. If multiple saddles are tried, the restocking fee credit time period begins on the original order date.
- If the saddle is returned and there is a concern with the soundness of the tree, we will send it to our third party saddler to have the tree properly examined. The funds will be held until we receive a report on the tree’s condition (usually just a few days).
- If you pay with Affirm and return a saddle from a trial, an additional 5.99% (the Affirm processing fee) of your order total will not be refunded. Affirm no longer refunds their fees when a refund is processed.
**Saddle trials are offered to our US customers only. All international orders are final sale only.